Here's your chance to win a trip for you and a guest to Los Angeles, CA to attend the Battle At The Berrics 6 Finals on Friday, May 31st.
Enter to win by visiting one of our participating retailers below.
US SKATE RETAILERS
Cowtown, Tempe, AZ
Sidewalk Surfer, Scottsdale, AZ
Asylum Skate, Oceanside, CA
Bills Wheels, Santa Cruz, CA
Church Of Skatan, Santa Barbara, CA
DLX, San Francisco, CA
E.T. Surf, Hermosa Beach, CA
FTC Skate, San Francisco, CA
Goodtimes, Grass Valley, CA
Non Factory, Los Angeles, CA
Pacific Drive, San Diego, CA
Skate Lab, Simi Valley, CA
Skate Warehouse, San Luis Obispo, CA
Skateworks, Los Altos, CA
Society, San Carlos, CA
Val Surf, Valley Village, CA
303, Denver, CO
Satellite, Boulder, CO
Day One, Fairfield, CT
Kinetic Skateboarding, Wilmington, DE
Flatspot, Coral Springs, FL
MIA, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Plus Skate Shop, Fort Walton Bch, FL
Shred Shed, Lake Worth, FL
Skatepark Of Tampa, Tampa, FL
Westside, Tarpon Springs, FL
Ambush, Kennesaw, GA
Uprise Skate, Chicago, IL
White Chocolate, Lawrence, KS
Boarding House, Hyannis, MA
Eastern Boarder, Worcester, MA
Eastern Boarder, Danvers, MA
Orchard, Boston, MA
Solstice, New Bedford, MA
Theory Skateshop, West Springfield, MA
Concrete Wave, Worcester, MA
PitCrew, Frederick, MD
Cal Surf, Minneapolis, MN
Familia, Minneapolis, MN
Youth Shelter Board, Waite Park, MN
Escapist, Kansas City, MO
Exodus, Winston Salem, NC
Vertical Urge, Raleigh, NC
Pioneers, North Hampton, NH
NJ Skateshop, Inc., Hoboken, NJ
720 Boardshop, Centennial, CO
Homage Brooklyn, New York, NY
Mark It Store, Tulsa, OK
Tactics, Eugene, OR
Exit Real World, Portland, OR
Exit Real World, Salem, OR
Homebase, Bethlehem, PA
Reign, Fairless Hills, PA
Civil, East Greenwich, RI
Fast Forward, San Antonio, TX
Index, Hurst, TX
No Comply, Austin, TX
Southside, Houston, TX
Blindslide, Layton, UT
Blindslide, Salt Lake City, UT
WRV, Virginia Beach, VA
Talent Skate Park, South Burlington, VT
35th North, Seattle, WA
35th Avenue, Federal Way, WA
CANADIAN SKATE RETAILERS
Coastal Riders, Langly, BC
The Source, Calgary / Edmonton / Red Deer / Canmore
Top Of The World, Ottawa, ON
Blue Tile Lounge, Toronto, ON
Flat Spot, Hamilton, ON
Pro Skateboards, Halifax, NS
Green Apple, Winnipeg, MB
Ninetimes, Saskatoon, SK
The Tiki Room, Regina, SK
Propaganda, Grand Prairie, AB
Stuntwood, Squamish, BC
BLVD, East Vancouver, BC
Allrose, Red Deer, AB
DC SHOES INC.’S BATTLE AT THE BERRICS 6 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Who Can Enter: Any legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec) (collectively, the "Eligibility Area") 13 years of age or older is eligible to participate in the DC Shoes Inc.’s “Battle at the Berrics 6 Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”). Do not proceed further in these materials and do not enter or attempt to enter the Sweepstakes if you are not located in the Eligibility Area or meet the eligibility criteria. Employees, officers, principals or directors of DC Shoes, Inc. (“DC Shoes”), The Berrics, Retailer (as defined below) and their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and their households or immediate family members and/or those living in the same household with any of them, are not eligible to participate. DC Shoes and Retailer shall hereinafter be referred to together as the “Sponsors”.
2. How to Enter: To enter, participants must visit one of the participating retail stores of an authorized DC Shoes dealer (“Retailer”) in the United States, and complete and submit an official entry form provided by the Retailer, including participant’s first and last name, address, email address and phone number. Entries must be submitted between the open of store business hours on April 15, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Open Time”) and the close of store business hours on May 13, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Close Time”). Any entries that are incomplete or late will be disqualified. Limit one entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. Participants submitting entries to more than one (1) participating retail store location and/or multiple entries to the same store location may be disqualified in Sponsors’ sole discretion. Entries must be submitted in person by the individual named on the official entry form.
Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual named on the official entry form at the time of entry.
3. Sweepstakes Dates: The Sweepstakes will begin exactly at the Sweepstakes Open Time and end exactly at the Sweepstakes Close Time (“Sweepstakes Period”). The prize drawings will be held based on the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries properly submitted, completed and received at the participating Retailer retail store locations between the Sweepstakes Open Time and the Sweepstakes Close Time.
4. Prize: One winner will receive a trip for winner and one (1) guest to the Battle of the Berrics finals in Los Angeles, California, USA on May 31, 2013, including:
(i). round trip coach airfare from closest major airport to winner’s home, determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, to Los Angeles International Airport;
(ii). a one (1) night stay at a hotel in Los Angeles, California as chosen by Sponsor, in their sole discretion (one standard room, double occupancy);
(iii). round trip ground transportation from Los Angeles International Airport to the hotel; and
(iv). Entry into the Battle of the Berrics finals on May 31, 2013 for winner and winner’s guest.
Total Prize value is one thousand seven hundred-fifty dollars (USD$1,750.00).
(a) Prize is valid only for May 31, 2013 – June 1, 2013 and will be dependent on accommodation and flight availability. Travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply including school holidays and public holiday periods.
(b) Winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older. If winner is a minor, winner’s guest must be winner’s parent or legal guardian. Winner and winner’s guest will be responsible for all travel documents and identification acceptable to airlines, security and governmental agencies.
(c) Winner and their guest must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Travel arrangements to and from the winner’s home and the airport of departure do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the winner.
(d) Flights are subject to the fare rules and General Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos and availability at the time of booking. The Sponsors are not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights and any costs incurred as a result (including, without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner is responsible for the payment of any applicable airline excess baggage fees or other fees, taxes and surcharges. The Winner (and their companion) will not be entitled to accrue Frequent Flyer points on the travel or accommodation. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
(e) Prize is “AS IS” without any warranty of any kind, express or implied. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize will be made or is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
(f) In the event that the Winner is unable to travel during the stipulated period then they forfeit the entire Prize with no further compensation or further liability of the Contest Sponsor.
(g) Unless otherwise specified all other expenses are the responsibility of the winner (and their guest) including but not limited to meals, spending money, transport to and from departure and arrival points, drinks, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance, passports, activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at time of accommodation check-in to cover incidental charges.
5. Prize Drawings: The winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by DC Shoes based on eligible entries properly submitted to the participating Retailer retail store locations between the Sweepstakes Open Time and the Sweepstakes Close Time. The prize drawings for the Sweepstakes will be held in Huntington Beach, California on or about May 14, 2013.
6. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning are dependent on the aggregate number of eligible entries properly received by the participating Retailer retail store locations between the Sweepstakes Open Time and the Sweepstakes Close Time. Entries will only be eligible for the drawing conducted at the participating Retailer retail store location where the entry was submitted. No purchase of any kind is necessary in order to enter the Sweepstakes or win any prize, and chances of winning are not enhanced by making any purchases.
7. Winner Notification: The winners will be notified by DC Shoes via telephone and/or email within 72 hours of awarding of the prize. The winners will be required to respond to any email or voicemail message to acknowledge receipt of the notification and awarding of prizes. Sponsors assume no liability for any lost or mis-communicated voicemails or emails. If no response is received by DC Shoes from a winner within seven (7) calendar days following the prize notification, the prize will be awarded to a replacement winner to be determined by Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion. Winner will be required to prove eligibility to receive and claim any prize. If winner is under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, they will be required to have written parental consent to the entrant’s entrance, awarding, acceptance and receipt of the prize, and to all of the conditions and terms set forth in these Official Rules. Prior to being awarded any prize, winner and winner’s guest will be required to show proof of age and complete, sign and return a prize affidavit and release as well as any other documents required by Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, for winner to claim the prize. All decisions of the Sponsors about the winners are final, binding and non-appealable. Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or illegible address information or the non-delivery of any prize resulting therefrom, or for any unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner.
8. Limits of Liability: Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsors, those involved in the development, production (including prize suppliers, including, without limitation, DC Shoes), implementation, and distribution of this Sweepstakes and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, and agencies, and their directors, officers, agents, employees, attorneys, and any other person or entity associated with such entities and/or Sweepstakes (the "Released Parties"), shall not be liable in any manner for any and all claims, injuries, losses, death, or damages of any kind, including but not limited to any third party claims, injuries, losses, death, or damages, arising from, relating to or resulting from, in whole or in part, this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, entry and participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prizes. Except where prohibited, entrants further agree that in the event of any third party claims, injuries, losses or damages arising from or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance and enjoyment of prizes they will indemnify the Released Parties, and each of them, from any and all such claims, injuries, losses and damages, including any attorneys’ fees and costs related thereto. Without limiting the foregoing, each entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, if any, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees and, except where prohibited by law, each entrant waives the right to claim any other damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Furthermore, by entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant releases and holds harmless DC Shoes and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, and agencies, and their directors, officers, agents, employees, and attorneys, from and against any and all damages and claims of any kind arising from or related to any Retailer’s collection or use of entrant’s information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
Sponsors reserve the right to cancel the Sweepstakes at any time in the sole discretion of Sponsors, including, but not limited to, if the integrity of the Sweepstakes is, in Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion, compromised in any way, or in the event that any viruses, bugs or other causes beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsors further reserve the right to modify the rules of the Sweepstakes in any way at any time, as long as reasonable notice is given. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute an alternative prize of equal or greater value for any prize in Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion.
All entries become the sole property of Sponsors. Sponsors shall not be liable for entries and winner notification responses that are delayed, lost, misdirected, mis-delivered, illegible, incorrect or incomplete, and such entries will not be eligible for this Sweepstakes. The Sponsors shall not be responsible for any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Sweepstakes. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsors and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of California.
9. Winner Responsibilities: Each winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any federal/state/local/other tax liabilities incurred as a result of or relating to the awarding or use of any prize. Entry into the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to be entrant’s consent and authorization to Sponsors’ (i) use of entrant’s name, address (city and state only) and any other information submitted by entrant for commercial, advertising and promotional purposes in perpetuity without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, and (ii) use of entrant’s address to receive marketing and other emails from Sponsors. In addition, by entering the Sweepstakes, entrants affirm that they have read, understood and accepted these Official Rules.
10. Winner Publicity: Except where prohibited, by entering this Sweepstakes and accepting a prize, each entrant agrees that the Sponsors may post the first name, last name and location (city/state) of each winner on the Sponsors’ respective websites and social media pages without further compensation. To obtain the winners’ name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with a written request to:
“Battle at the Berrics 6 Sweepstakes”
c/o DC Shoes, Inc.
15202 Graham Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
All such requests must be postmarked by no later than June 1, 2013.
11. Official Rules: For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
“Battle at the Berrics 6 Sweepstakes”
c/o DC Shoes, Inc.
15202 Graham Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
with a written request postmarked by June 1, 2013.
12. General: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decision of the Sponsors, which shall be final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.